Friday, March 24, 2017

Styling the baby bump: What I wore at 17 weeks


Another week has gone by and my baby, at 18 weeks, is now the size of a croissant. Yum! In addition, my days of sickness have officially been over for almost two weeks now, which makes me so happy! I finally feel like I have an
almost normal appetite, and I've already enjoyed my first sweet pastry, a Twix bar, and indulged in an iced latte. Lattes are my favorite coffee drink and I hadn't had one since first finding out I was pregnant, because they've been on the aversion list for so long. I am beginning to think the honeymoon period of the second trimester is beginning to settle in, which I'm so thankful for. The only thing I miss is being able to sleep on my back. Does anyone else wake up repeatedly through the night switching from side to side?

As for what I wore during the 17th week, I haven't had to purchase any new clothing yet, although the rubber band trick has been used with my high waisted jeans. The weather in Texas has also been really hot (high 70's and low 80's), which can be expected, but my wardrobe hates succumbing to these temperatures. However, I think it soon might be time for me to invest in a pair of drawstring linen pants and maybe a linen dress.

For past baby bump posts, click here

WHAT I WORE AT SEVENTEEN WEEKS: 


Outfit 1: Jeggings (old from Madewell, similar), Gingham top (old from Anthropologie, similar)



Outfit 2: Overalls (old from Zara, similar), Tank top (old from Madewell, similar)



Outfit 3: Leggings (old from Anthropologie, similar), Linen top (old from Urban Outfitters, similar)



Outfit 4: Jeans (old from Madewell, similar), Linen top (old from Zara), Cardigan (old from Urban Outfitters, similar)



Outfit 5: Jeggings (old from Madewell, similar), Striped top (old from Target, similar)



Outfit 6: Leggings (old from Anthropologie, similar), Tunic (old from Anthropologie), Cardigan (old from Urban Outfitters, similar)

6 comments:

  1. Esther, you look lovely! I haven't had a chance to congratulate you yet, so I wish you all the best with your pregancy! What an exciting time! Glad to read you're feeling better. And linen anything is always a good idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathi! You are so sweet! I agree, linen is always a good idea. :) I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. You are darling, Esther. And so glad you are feeling better and back to enjoying some of your favorite things! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia! It really feels wonderful to enjoy coffee and sweets again! And I've finally started baking again. I need to make cinnamon rolls soon. Every time I see yours I always end up craving a batch. :)

      Delete
  3. Aww!! Just lovely 😊 ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I still can't believe there is a tiny human growing inside me. I've been anticipating its little movements, and can't wait to feel them. :)

      Delete