Monday, July 27, 2015

Brown paper packages...and first impressions.



First impressions are important. I've heard various statistics made on how many seconds it takes for an interviewer to make a decision on a candidate. Therefore, being an introvert makes meeting someone for the first time
quite stressful. Thoughts like, "What will they think of me?", "Is there anything on my face?", "Is my outfit ok-looking?", all run loose in my head. It's interesting how much control a new introduction can have on the mental stability of a person.

Since moving to Houston, TX a  few days ago, I've had my share of first introductions. So I thought I'd change things up a bit and baked a few treats for my next first greet. But when the recipe didn't quite meet my expectations, I decided to focus more on the packaging, which I feel provides some grace. ;) 


Here is one way to package your sweet treats for your next introduction or to bring a smile to a familiar face. 

Materials: 

1. Wax paper - This helps to prevent any oils from getting on the paper bags and helps with keeping the pastry or dessert from getting too messy. 

2. Twine

3. Paper bags - I only had these thin ones, which could only hold one muffin each. :/

4. Tags - These are hand made ones to make it a bit more personal. 


Steps: 

1. Fold your treat into wax paper.

2. Insert into paper bag.

3. Fold the top of the paper bag once or a few times, depending on the size of your bag.

4. Punch a hole into the center top of the folded bag. 

5. Attach tag with twine.

6. Take cute pictures of your fun packages. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment