Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mini Valentine's Day Bouquet Tutorial


I used to love Valentine's Day when I was in elementary school, because apart from Halloween, it was the only day I went home from school full of candy. And since my parents were the type to void the house of sweets, this was an
especially good school day to look forward to. Between elementary school and then finding someone you love, Valentine's day is pretty much in a limbo, "puppy love", kind of phase. Which to me is quite silly, but I'm a cynic in that sense.

Therefore, I thought it would be best to take it back to the youthfulness it was in kindergarten and elementary school. Apart from the candy, it was a special day to make each of your classmates feel cared for, acknowledged, and worth it. There was so much joy in handing out little cards with your handwriting in big letters spelling out each of your classmates' names. There was pureness in being kind and making someone else feel special just because.

Therefore, I've put together a little tutorial for how to make a simple and lovely bouquet for those you care about and appreciate.


Mini floral bouquet tutorial:

Materials:
(Makes 3 mini bouquets or 2 mini bouquets and 1 larger bouquet. The larger bouquet will result from using all the leftover pieces and one stem of roses.)

- 1 bundle of eucalyptus
- 1 bundle of light pink spray roses (I used 3 stems)
- 1 bundle of wax flowers
- brown twine

Instructions:



Begin to cut the stems of the flowers. I first place my flowers with the height I want them to be, then I cut the bottoms of each, to be the same length as the others. For each bouquet, you'll want to use one stem of spray roses, about 3-4 stems of wax flowers, and 5 or more stems of eucalyptus.


Then arrange the flowers together and tie a piece of twine around it. You can then wrap brown paper around it or add a tag to it and give as is. Just one note, I kept the lengths of each stem somewhat longer in order to fit in a skinny, medium sized vase.


I hope you lovelies have a wonderful Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this tutorial here. I also want to send a handmade boquet to my fiancé on his birthday. This post will be helpful for me. Will order fresh flowers from Flower Delivery Los Angeles services. Heard a lot about their floral services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you found this tutorial helpful! I hear LA has some great variety when it comes to ordering flowers. I'd love to visit the LA Flower Market one day.

      Delete