Monday, December 7, 2015

DIY: Christmas wreaths


This time of year is by far my favorite time of year. I love the concept of bringing deep greenery into the home. Although I could have plants, they never seem to survive, but during Christmas time, I know I can count on a
fragrant tree that will last until it's time to take it down.

Last year we were blessed to live in a loft in downtown San Diego. Tall ceilings and great big windows encouraged us to buy the biggest Christmas tree I've ever had. It was so amazing and we really loved it. But this year, we won't be spending Christmas at home, but will be visiting family. Therefore, we opted for a simple, petite little Christmas tree, and I find it to be so perfect. Because our home is smaller than our previous place, I really got into the concept of Christmas decorations and making our place feel cozy. The weather has also changed from very humid to rainy and cloudy, with temperatures in the low 60's.

After finding our Christmas tree, I found small pine branch bouquets from Whole Foods and decided to turn them into wreaths.

Supplies: 

1. 8-12 Bendable pine branches (I used about 2-3 branches per wreath.)
2. Twine
3. Green floral wire
4. Scissors

Instructions:


1. Break apart the branches and take off some greenery from the parts of the branches that may be very full. This helps create some balance of greenery.


2. Begin picking out branches that seem to fit well with each other and form them into a circle or circle-like shape. 


3. Use the green floral wire to combine the branches together. 


4. If you have some red berries, you can also use the green floral wire to attach it to the wreath. 


5. Take twine and create different lengths. Tie a piece of twine to the top part of each wreath. 


6. Begin to hang each wreath in your desired location. I placed these above our dining table. Each wreath is slightly different in size and hanging height. I used small nails to hang my wreaths. 





No comments:

Post a Comment