Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gift wrapping and kraft Christmas tags


Candles lit, the scent of Christmas brewing on the stove, the shadows from the Christmas lights flickering along the wall, and the vinyl player humming to the She & He Christmas album. It's a beautiful winter evening, albeit one
without the falling flecks of snow.

I'm starting off this evening with some gift wrapping. I have always enjoyed gift wrapping. Although I've never participated in the charities that offer paid gift wrapping at the local malls, I've always thought I'd enjoy volunteering in that way. Of course gifts in boxes with perfect 90 degree angles are my favorite to wrap, probably because they're much more simple. But give me a gift with a peculiar shape and I'll take it as a challenge. While growing up, I remember watching my mom and dad wrap gifts. There was always so much precision and creativity. Even if the piece of wrapping paper wasn't big enough, they knew how to cover the gaps in an unnoticeable way.


I've definitely held on to their gift-wrapping-with-care technique and find it to be so exciting and therapeutic. I'm almost just as much excited about the gift as the way it was wrapped and packaged. However, I have to admit that I have recently (since last year) taken on a new gift wrapping obsession - matching gift wrapping paper. Kraft paper has been the perfect foundation, especially with incorporating some of these leftover paper scraps from last year's wrapping paper.


To add the perfect final touch, I've included my own calligraphy made Christmas tags. I've also made some for sale, which you can find here. Of course you can always make your own for a perfect personalized addition. 

Wishing you a wonderful and joyful holiday season!


2 comments:

  1. These tags are GORGEOUS! And I love the simplicity of your wrapping style. I don't really enjoy wrapping gifts, but it is fun to make them look pretty with simple touches of twine or greenery or some yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Alicia! I'm so glad you think so! My husband doesn't like wrapping gifts, so I told him, just throw some yarn on and add a bit of greenery. They ended up looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete