Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A few of my favorite fall things


Autumn is always a special season to me. The heat finally begins to subside and the shift to brisk evenings, fisherman sweaters, hot apple cider, and pumpkin flavored goodies all make for a cozy atmosphere. I find that it is during this
season where my creativity really begins to come to life. Perhaps it's because the temperature, light, and scenery feel more romantic and moody to me. Even getting dressed in the mornings becomes more exciting, as patterns and textures are layered together. So in the spirit of the season, here are a few of my favorite autumnal things.

PUMPKIN SPICED COFFEE 


If you haven't tasted pumpkin spiced coffee, you really need to make that a part of your fall to do list. The smell and flavors are so inviting and delicious.

CINNAMON 


The smell of cinnamon evokes so many feelings of coziness, warmth, and comfort, making it a year round favorite, but especially during the cooler months. Some of my favorite recipes with cinnamon are hot apple cider, cinnamon rolls, and these apple hand pies.

SWEATERS AND HIGH WAISTED PANTS


I've never managed to live anywhere where the fall, winter, and spring months stick around for very long. Nonetheless, my wardrobe acts like I do, simply because I do love sweaters! As soon as it begins to cool down around here, I can't wait to wear them with high waisted pants. I found two pairs at the thrift store and am excited to try out the new look (new for me that is).

AUTUMN FOLIAGE


If you haven't already, check out this DIY Autumn Inspired Eucalyptus Garland blog post I had the privilege of writing over on the Smashed Avocado blog. I also encourage you to peruse their blog for some great inspiration and tips for planning your next gathering.

A GOOD BOOK



The colder months provide the perfect atmosphere for cozying up by a fire with a book, or staying in bed a little bit longer on weekend mornings, with a good book and hot cup of coffee. For some inspiration on what to read, check out my monthly book lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment