Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Granola


Granola is usually a part of my daily breakfast scene. I find the crunch and honey sweetened flavor to be a comforting addition to my morning routine. But only recently, as I was contemplating pumpkin recipes, did I
come to the conclusion that I, one, really like the combination of pumpkin and chocolate in a dessert or breakfast form, and two, I've never made homemade granola. So with those two things in mind, I thought it was the perfect time to make pumpkin chocolate granola.

There are several recipes for granola on the internet, with all of them describing the simplicity in changing up the types of seeds, nuts, or fruit you add in. But because it is autumn, and the grocery stores are over flowing with pumpkins, I felt it was only appropriate to create a seasonal flavored granola, that I've been eating as a snack and my husband has been enjoying for both breakfast and dessert.






RECIPE: PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE GRANOLA


Ingredients:

- 2 cups old fashion rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a bowl, combine and stir oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.

3. In a separate bowl, combine and stir brown sugar, pumpkin puree, honey, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil.

4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.

5. Place the granola mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it out into an even layer.

6. Bake for 15 minutes and then remove the pan to stir the granola. Place the granola back into the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.

7. Remove the granola and allow it to cool to room temperature before mixing in the chocolate chips.

8. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.








No comments:

Post a Comment