Saturday, October 21, 2017

Two months with baby Declan


Having a baby has a way of attracting attention while I'm out and about. Every one wants to know if I've been sleeping, while also guaranteeing me that it will all get easier soon. The truth is that it is a bit hard at times, which
I'm sure comes as no surprise. I usually am up every 2-4 hours at night to feed Declan.  And I've noticed that my emotions can really be affected when I'm running low on sleep. In addition, Declan prefers to be held all the time, which can be very constricting and result in little getting done. However, I've recently discovered that the solly baby wrap is a quick win for getting things done as Declan often falls asleep in it. I'm currently writing this post with him nestled asleep in the wrap. :)



I realize it may sound like I'm complaining, and I really don't mean to come across that way, especially because I love being a mother and wouldn't trade these moments for anything. I've seen so much development in Declan and this month has been full of heart melting moments. Declan is, for the most part, a pretty chill baby, and his personality is really beginning to come out. He has become so animated with his expressions, is beginning to smile so much, has begun to really engage with us, will sit through an entire reading of the Berenstain Bears book The Bears' Picnic, and he loves to be vocal, especially during tummy time. We have learned so much from each other, which makes me feel more like a mother, because it acts as affirmation that I do know my baby. I love how I am able to decipher when his crying is due to hunger, wanting to be held, tired, or when he is needing a bit of time to wake up. He really is a sweet boy and I keep hoping that time will slow down, because this baby is getting so big!

Here's my list of the 12 things I want to remember from Declan's 2nd month:

1. How vocal he has become, especially during tummy time.

2. The way he lights up and gets excited when we sing Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes. It still makes me laugh that he has chosen that to be his favorite song.

3. How he treats bath time as though he's at a spa. He's incredibly calm and loves to hang his arms out wide.

4. The way he lifts up one eyebrow and grins.

5. How determined he is to laugh.

6. The way he holds me tight when we go on walks.

7. How he acts like a woodpecker when he wakes up hungry after falling asleep on my chest.

8. The way he smiles, one that results in a double chin, and one that comes with pure excitement and anticipation.

9. How excited he gets when his clothes are taken off or when new clothes are put on.

10. The way he climbs up my chest, to snuggle his head under my neck, when he's struggling to find a comfortable position to nap in.

11. The cute sound he makes after a sneeze.

12. How he smiles and laughs in his sleep.



2 comments:

  1. He's so adorable, and those are such sweet moments to remember! I'm loving the brightness and light in these photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! He really is becoming so much fun with how expressive and vocal he is! I'm glad you like the brightness in these photos. It's not my preferred choice, but the weather has been sunny everyday, until just recently. I'm hoping to go back to moody tones. :)

      Delete