Sunday, August 23, 2015

3 recipes from my favorite food blogger of the week.


Last week I began a new series of posts on simple recipes from food bloggers I follow. Since I'm not a professional in the kitchen, I depend on good recipes that are not complicated and that don't take too much time. This week I want to feature recipes from
the same food blogger, because she has so many incredible recipes.

My favorite recipes this week all come from Half Baked Harvest. She is one amazing cook!

Montanara Pizza - Click here for the recipe.


I really enjoyed making this pizza. It was the first kind of pizza I've made where the dough needed to be fried and then everything broiled. My husband feels this is the best pizza dough I've ever made! Although there is time spent waiting for the dough to rise, it really is worth it. The sauce also has to cook on simmer for about 2 hours, but placing all the ingredients into the pot doesn't take long. The actual cook time is quick. You just fry the dough for a couple of minutes, place the toppings on, and broil for a little bit and then it's done!



Croissants - Click here for the recipe.

I love pan au chocolate, especially when it's warm and fresh out of the oven. It is one of my favorite items to eat for breakfast or dessert or really any part of the day. When I went to Montreal for my honeymoon, my husband and I went to the same bakery every morning to buy fresh pan au chocolate.  Actually, it was more my husband who would wake up before me, go to the bakery and come back with warm croissants. They multiplied by the end of the trip, because they were so good! Since then, it has literally been one of my life's goals to learn how to make it. I took the croissant recipe from Half Baked Harvest, since it was so good, and added chocolate to it. My first attempt didn't work out, because I didn't read the label of my chocolate correctly. I thought it was basic dark chocolate, not 100% cacao. It was so bitter tasting. Below are pictures of the croissants and pan au chocolate. I did end up remaking the pan au chocolate and it was so good. One thing to note is that you may want to make the dough during a day you have time to. There is just a bit of time where you have to roll out the dough, wrap it, place it in the freezer for 10 minutes, and redo a few times. But it's so worth it!



Greek Feta Fries - Click here for the recipe.

French fries seem to be such a staple. Not only are they served as an appetizer or along burgers, but I've also seen them served with good steak and mussels. Therefore, I think fries should also be a staple at home. :) This recipe for Greek Feta Fries is amazing. I did kind of go cheap and didn't buy saffron, so these fries are missing out on a bit of greatness. However, I am all for baked french fries and I am now convinced that all fries should be seasoned with cayenne pepper, oregano, basil, and feta. 


No comments:

Post a Comment